Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 1310 Access Point Rommon Mode

Hello,

So I have a Cisco 1310 Access Point that is in Rommon mode. I have the image on the Access point but I did not use the archive download command to extract it. When I use the

tar -xtract flash://c1310-k9w7-tar[1].124-25d.JA2.tar flash:

command It gets close to the end but doesnt finish saying there isnt enough space. When I try to delete the file using delete flash://

c1310-k9w7-tar[1].124-25d.JA2 it wont allow me saying I do not have permission. I tried the rmdir command as well but had no luck. It wont allow me to use the tags /f /r for forceful and recursive, it doesnt recognize them. Anyone know how to delete a directory in rommon mode on an the 1310 access point?

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Post what you see so we can see it... makes it easy.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Unfournately the AP is not on site where I am right now.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

The delete /recursive /force flash:/ is what I use.  You might try to delete these files also:

ap:delete flash:private-config

ap:delete flash:private-multiple-fs

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Can you use the /recursive

Can you use the /recursive /force in rommon mode?

delete flash:/private

delete flash:/private-multiple-fs

You have to use the forward slash to make this work

I figured it out. Since in

I figured it out. Since in ROMMON mode I couldnt delete the IOS or anything else in fact I used the format flash: command and then followed the directions to TFTP a new image to the AP. Found here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/31571/cisco-aironet-access-points-ios-recovery

Views
Helpful
Replies