Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1410 Bridge - Non-root bridge Spontaneous Reboots

kmphilbin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a pair of new Cisco 1410 bridges, running the 12.4(10b)JA, IOS, over a range of about 1 mile. I installed the bridge three weeks ago, it ran perfectly for a week, then the non-root bridge started spontaneously rebooting, between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM. This is a full reboot, not just a loss of association.

At first I thought it might be a power issue, so I put it on a UPS. When the problem did not clear up I replaced the power injector and the power brick, but this was not the solution.

Each time I changed something, the problem would clear up for a time (30 minutes - 2 hours) then recur, if between the hours of 10 AM - and 4 PM.

Over the past week, a pattern has started to emerge. When it is cool and cloudy, no reboots. When it is sunny and warmer (this is a relative term since it's springtime in Michigan and it was snowing, but not sticking, yesterday), let's say over 40 degrees F, it reboots during the warmer part of the day, 10 AM - 4 PM.

Before climbing the tower to replace the radio, I am trying to decide if I have a failing radio, or if this may be like the temperature issue the 1400's had when they got too cold, just reversed?.

Any ideas on how I could test this?

Thanks,

Kevin

2 Replies 2

Do you have any SNMP management? If so, I would look at temperature (my 1310's have a temp OID) which I graph. I also think I recall seeing in the same OID section a temperature reset count. Might be a good idea to get a MIB Browser and check that out. (Not sure if there is a show xxx command for that.)

Doing a "show environment" will give you the current temp. But not any resets due to temp.

The OID for current temp is:

The OID for "ciscoEnvMonTemperatureLastShutdown" is:

The description is:

"The value of the associated instance of the object ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusValue at the time an emergency shutdown of the managed device was last initiated. This value is stored in non-volatile RAM and hence is able to survive the shutdown."

So if you were getting shutdown due to temp, then you should see a value in this OID. But I don't see that avail. from a "show" command. (Could be, I just don't know how.)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card