Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1500 Mesh AP w/2006 Controller

mohankumarm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure 2 Cisco Mesh AP for Root and Pole top access with 2006 controller running the latest version 4.0 firmware. One of the AP connected to the wired network comes up as a MAP (actually according to Cisco Documentation, it should show up as a RAP)and IP address is assigned to the AP from the Internal DHCP Server of the Controller.The other AP which has to connect to the Root AP over a wireless backhaul continously reboots with no information on the type of AP.I have tried to change the role of AP from the CLI but there is no change. The AP run VXworks 2.0 firmware.

Thanks and Regards,

3 Replies 3

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

You may have to upgrade the AP to solve the boot problem

larrywoods
Level 1
Level 1

There are known bugs with the 4.0 firmware (specifically 4.0.155.0 and MESH 1500 APs) relating to the specificity of what type of MESH AP it is. This also holds true with WCS (assuming you have this product in the mix with the controller). I do not follow the AP running VxWorks 2.0, are you trying to doing MESHing with this AP? What kind of AP is this? Can you provide any more information and details about the scenario and what is trying to be done?

Hi,

The Access Point is Aironet Enabled LWAPP and i am running 2006 Controller with a Root 1500 connected to the controller through a Layer 2 Switch. The Access Points associate to the Controller but comes up as a Mesh AP and according to the documentation it should come up as a Root AP(RAP).

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Mohan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card