cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1522AG accesspoint not powering up on 3560 POE Switch

nairsathees
Level 1
Level 1

i have 2 cisco 1522 series out door LAP connected to a 3560 POE switch which is not powering up, while ordering my dealer told that it will work with POE, and its go live stage, is there any way to upgrade switch with any IOS version where i can get enough power for 1522?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The power units are a separate purchase. The power injector is like any other,,, use the cat5 cable to supply power and the injector is plugged into a power source. Take a look at the data sheet, that will explain the power required to power up the ap and it's radios. I use the injector for my RAPs and a hard wired cable to my MAPs which is connected to light post or other power units.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1520, according to the data sheet, supports standard PoE (15.4 w).  If the WAP ain't powering up then please furnish the following output from the switch:

1.  sh version;

2.  sh power inline; and

3.  sh log

Those mesh AP's require a power injector or AC adapter to be able to power up the radios. You can power up the AP, but the radios will stay disabled.

Caution To provide inline PoE, you must use the 1520 power injector (AIR-PWRINJ1500-2=). Other power injectors, PoE switches, and 802.3af power sources cannot provide adequate power, which can cause the access point to malfunction and cause over-current conditions at the power source.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

i will post the sh version, sh power inline and sh log later, i have refer the requirement for POE injector which is AIR-PWRINJ1500-2, can u tell me how these injectors are powered physically, is there any adaptor coming along with injector? as there was no power adaptor supplied with cisco along with AP. (eg: like AP 1242's are supplied with 48W power adaptor). how much is the power requirement for 1522 AP's? 30W?

The power units are a separate purchase. The power injector is like any other,,, use the cat5 cable to supply power and the injector is plugged into a power source. Take a look at the data sheet, that will explain the power required to power up the ap and it's radios. I use the injector for my RAPs and a hard wired cable to my MAPs which is connected to light post or other power units.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card