Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1832i AP Configuration Issue

Arshi Jamal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure 1832i AP as vWLC using Mobility Express. It broadcasts SSID "CiscoAirProvisoining" and I do initial configurations. On submitting the configuration to AP, it shows me message that configurations have been saved and system shall reboat in 60 second.

After reboot, it does not broadcast any SSID, neither give me access over ethernet link.

The Cisco AireOS Version 8.5.103.0

Can any one help me setting up this vWLC?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

After you reboot and lost access, what did you do to access again?

Considering you saved the configuration and according to the described behavior, I'd say that you may have an damaged product.

Try to console it and replace firmware.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Hello,

After you reboot and lost access, what did you do to access again?

Considering you saved the configuration and according to the described behavior, I'd say that you may have an damaged product.

Try to console it and replace firmware.

Hi Flavio,

I am really grateful for your time given to review my problem and response. However, I was trying to troubleshoot since this post and finally managed. In fact, I was making a major mistake and found it in out put of "debug capwap errors". In this output I found "Regulatory Domain Mismatch". I corrected this issue and not the AP is behaving normal.

I once again thank you and accepts your re

Thank you for marking it as correct even though you have found the solution on your own. This will help others solve their problems. Regulatory Domain always fool people out there, we barely remember to check that.

Rishi
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco APs 1832i not talking with cisco 2504 controller, I have updated the firmware of the controller but still not communicating at all. Can someone please help???

Hi,

We may need a bit more information. For example, is the AP hitting on the WLC ?

Can you tell me what do you see in "MONITOR" "Statistics" "AP join"?

Hi Miranda,
Nither the WLC nor the AP detecting the AP/controller.
Please suggest.

Rishi,

Then we need to walk through some basic step here. We need to make sure you have connectivity between AP and WLC. Can you check that please?

Also, figure it out the AP part number, just to make sure it is lightweight AP. If you are not sure about that.

And tell me the WLC version. We need to make sure that, when AP hit WLC, it will be able to join.

But keep in mind that connectivity is essential for now.

Hi Miranda,

I am able to access both the devices from my computer but AP is not joinning to the existing Controller i.e 2504. I even tried by reseting the AP to factory default and reboot but still not joining. Please suggest what to do...

WLC Model - CISCO 2504
Software Version of Controller: 8.2.161.0

AP Model- AIR-AP1832i-B-K9
Software Version of AP: 8.3.102.0

Appreciate for you immediate help.

Sorry for the delayed...I was on leave last few days....

Thanks,

Rishi

You should upgrade WLC to 8.3 as well. I've been some people complaining about B regulatory domain APs on 8.2 version.

Hi Miranda,

The APs got connected after I converted them to WAPCAP (from Mobility Express).

And I can connect the client PCs through the APs but the issue now is there is some latency while I ping the gateway IP 4ms - 8 ms and sometimes it reached to more than 300ms and also I can see couple of ITOs in between. Could you please suggest.

Appreciate your help.

Thnaks,

Rishi

Are you conecting in which frequency?

If in 2.4 GHz, it is expected some delay due other's network interference. 

Try to ping from AP to validate the wired network only and try to use 5.0 GHz whenever possible.

Is 5.0 GHz supported by all the devices? I don't think so...we have one 1100 series wireless AP device where there is no delayed while I ping the gateway (I can ping with almost no latency 1ms - 2ms on the same network). Is this some kind of disadvantages of 1800 APs?

Is there any better solution for this?

Thanks,

Rishi

5.0 GHz is supported on the AP side, at least.

I don't think AP model would be responsible for this. There are many others factors that could cause this.

This AP model is a top one supporting Wave 2 802.11ac. 

Did you ping the gateway from AP cli or from device attached?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card