Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 340 connecting to a Linksys WAP11 - Speed issue

Hi,

I have a Cisco 340 card in my laptop and a Linksys WAP11 AP, I can connect to the AP when my laptop is set to auto speed, but when I change the speed to any of the manual speeds I cannot assosiate to the AP anymore. I have the latest firmware, no WEP, and runnning Cisco Aironet v5.01 w/ the v4.25.23 firmware. I had the same problems with other firmwares. The linksys is sending it's beacons with all speeds supported (I see this with NAI Sniffer). I also tried short and long preambles. Any ideas? Thanks!

2 REPLIES

Re: Cisco 340 connecting to a Linksys WAP11 - Speed issue

Remember you Cisco 340 card only supports a max of 30mW. I'm not sure at what mW the Linksys RF is operates at, but I would look at those settings. If possible, I would set the RF of the Linksys at 30mW.

Re: Cisco 340 connecting to a Linksys WAP11 - Speed issue

After you check the obvious (Case sensitivity in SSID, Infrastructure mode not ad-hoc) look for Linksys's equivalent of the Yes/No/Basic setting for each data rate, which determine which rates are used for multicast.

Views
Helpful
Replies