Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 350 driver on WinCE/PocketPC corrupts itself after a while

mmo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

every now and then (i.e. approx. 1-2 times per week) I have the case that the Cisco 350 WLAN card driver (I verified this on an iPAQ 3660 and a Casio E200 PocketPC suddenly decides to henceforth no more connect to (i.e. "associate with") our Cisco base station. One can beg and do whatever one wants, it does not connect any more. And it's really the driver! I tried resetting the PDAs, use different WLAN cards, etc. nothing helps, while the very same card still works fine on an other device. So it's the driver, not the card and not the base station!

The only remedy for this situation I found so far, is to uninstall the driver and re-install it again. After entering all the parameters again it can then reliably associate again and things works fine until, somewhen, it decides to go on strike again.

This seems to be a known bug - at least I found a few entries in this forum, but they date back to July and earlier and there seems to have been no fix, back then. Is this still the current status? Or has in the meantime anybody found a hint or clue how to fix this situation without reinstalling driver?

(I am currently using the Cisco 350 driver V2.20).

1 Reply 1

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

If you are running WIndows CE version 2.1 on your iPaq and Casio then I suggest you download the 2.22 drivers for this version of CE. If you are running CE version 3.0 then I suggest you uninstall the drivers and utilities and download a new set off of Cisco's software center as the set of drivers you previously downloaded might have been corrupted.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card