Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 5502 Configuration Example

I'm currently running a Cisco 5508 WLC.   I currenlty want to use two Gigabit ports for Wireless traffic and I will only have 25 1142 Attached to this WLC.   Reading the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Configuration Guide, Release 6.0 it says :

5500 Series Controller Example

For a 5500 series controller, Cisco recommends having eight dynamic AP-manager interfaces and associating them to the controller's eight Gigabit ports. If you are using the management interface, which acts like an AP-manager interface by default, you need to create only 7 more dynamic AP-manager interfaces and associate them to the remaining seven Gigabit ports.

I was hoping to use LAG for these two ports and create a Port Channel on the switch for these ports.   From Cisco's recommendation it sounds like I have to turn off LAG and create a dynamic interface for the second port and put that Port in a different VLAN.  Can anyone please shed some light on this. Everything is working at the moment but I'm just curious why this recomendation.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY

Re: Cisco 5502 Configuration Example

Lag works just fine.  can you send me the link to the document you are looking at?

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies