Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Access Point is not Broadcasting

aslam.bajwa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello ,

one of my Access Point is showing up in WLC but not broadcasting .

any Idea Please advice.

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Makre sure the radios are up, the 802.11abgn radios bands are enabled and you have a valid ssid.  You need to provide more info so we can drill down on the issue.  Is it all Ap's or just one... multiple ssids?

Post your show run-conf and let us know what the ssid is.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Also post the show ver from the AP.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Fella ,

thanks for your reply ,

ther 13 APs , one is showing not broadcasting . i am not much experienced in Wireless and one my customer facing this issue . what els i can check on site ?

Make sure the AP is in the correct AP Group... can you get a show run-config?

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Only one AP?

1.  Make sure all the radios for this particular AP is up/up.

2.  AP Group - make sure the AP is a member of the AP group where the SSID is assigned

You'll need to provide more information.

David Ritter
Level 4
Level 4

With newer WLC code, the radios within the AP are OFF by default.  More buttons to push.

And you may have the 'Out-of-Box' AP Group feature enabled as do I.  However, I have none in the 'dafault' group.

Hi Islam,

In WLC GUI ( go to Wireless tab) & select the AP

1. Check the "Admin Status" of the AP. It should be enable

2. Advanced setting page of AP, "AP Group name" set to be correct ap group. If you haven't create any additional ap groups it should be in "default-group"

3. Also check in the interface tab of the AP configuration both radio 0 & radio 1 interface Operation Status is UP

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses *****

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card