cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco aeronet 1310 wireless bridge. poe support?

contact_abdul
Level 1
Level 1

I want to use Cisco Aeronet 1310 as bridge to connect two Buildings (each building having its own lan/switch).Cisco 1310 is with Integrated Patch antenna.But distance between wireless antenna/device and LAN switch is 50 meters.Does power injector adapter has poe facicility?.Can I use cat 6 cable (for data and dc power ) from LAN switch to the wireless device??

I saw cisco ships wireless device with integrated antena, around 1.5 meters long co-axial cable and power injector adapter.....how can i connect the wireless device to lan switch over a distance of 50 meters?? please explain.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Abdul,

Sadly the 1310 cannot be powered by PoE ,but, the Power Injector can be up to 100 meters away from the unit.

Dual coaxial cable to run from the power injector to the 1300. See attached notes:

Cisco Aironet 1300 Series

Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Access Point/Bridge Power Injector

The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point/Bridge Power Injector,converts the standard 10/100 BaseT Ethernet interface that is suitable for weather protected areas to a dual F-Type connector interface for coax cables that are more suitable for harsh outdoor environments. The Power Injector also provides power to the outdoor unit over the same cables with a power discover feature and surge protection. To support longer cable runs from your wireless network switch or router, the Power Injector LR is designed to accommodate up to a 100 meter coaxial cable run plus 100 meters of indoor cat5 cable?enabling total cable runs up to 200 meters. The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point/Bridge ships with the Power Injector LR2 and an AC power supply.

From this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_data_sheet09186a008022551d.html

Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point/Bridge Hardware Installation Guide

Ethernet Ports

The access point/bridge dual-coax Ethernet ports consists of a pair of 75-ohm F-type connectors, linking the unit to your 100BASE-T Ethernet LAN through the power injector. The dual-coax cables are used to send and receive Ethernet data and to supply inline 48-VDC power from the power injector to the access point/bridge.

Power

The access point/bridge receives inline power from the Cisco Aironet Power Injector (hereafter called the power injector). Dual-coax cables are used to provide Ethernet data and power from the power injector to the access point/bridge. The power injector is an external unit designed for operation in a sheltered environment, such as inside a building or vehicle. The power injector also functions as an Ethernet repeater by connecting to a Category 5 LAN backbone and using the dual-coax cable interface to the access point/bridge.

AIR-PWRINJ-BLR2

F-Type Connectors

Dual coaxial cable carries full-duplex Ethernet, DC power, and full-duplex console port (RS-232 connection)

From this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_data_sheet09186a00802252e1.html

So, you could get

Cisco Part# AIR-CAB50DRG6-F will work (50 feet)

Or,

You can order up a custom length cable (RG6 Coax with F-Type connectors). Here is an example of someone who makes up custom cables (probably good to get them made up by the experts :)

http://www.lextec.com/lex_custom.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Abdul,

Sadly the 1310 cannot be powered by PoE ,but, the Power Injector can be up to 100 meters away from the unit.

Dual coaxial cable to run from the power injector to the 1300. See attached notes:

Cisco Aironet 1300 Series

Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Access Point/Bridge Power Injector

The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point/Bridge Power Injector,converts the standard 10/100 BaseT Ethernet interface that is suitable for weather protected areas to a dual F-Type connector interface for coax cables that are more suitable for harsh outdoor environments. The Power Injector also provides power to the outdoor unit over the same cables with a power discover feature and surge protection. To support longer cable runs from your wireless network switch or router, the Power Injector LR is designed to accommodate up to a 100 meter coaxial cable run plus 100 meters of indoor cat5 cable?enabling total cable runs up to 200 meters. The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point/Bridge ships with the Power Injector LR2 and an AC power supply.

From this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_data_sheet09186a008022551d.html

Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point/Bridge Hardware Installation Guide

Ethernet Ports

The access point/bridge dual-coax Ethernet ports consists of a pair of 75-ohm F-type connectors, linking the unit to your 100BASE-T Ethernet LAN through the power injector. The dual-coax cables are used to send and receive Ethernet data and to supply inline 48-VDC power from the power injector to the access point/bridge.

Power

The access point/bridge receives inline power from the Cisco Aironet Power Injector (hereafter called the power injector). Dual-coax cables are used to provide Ethernet data and power from the power injector to the access point/bridge. The power injector is an external unit designed for operation in a sheltered environment, such as inside a building or vehicle. The power injector also functions as an Ethernet repeater by connecting to a Category 5 LAN backbone and using the dual-coax cable interface to the access point/bridge.

AIR-PWRINJ-BLR2

F-Type Connectors

Dual coaxial cable carries full-duplex Ethernet, DC power, and full-duplex console port (RS-232 connection)

From this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_data_sheet09186a00802252e1.html

So, you could get

Cisco Part# AIR-CAB50DRG6-F will work (50 feet)

Or,

You can order up a custom length cable (RG6 Coax with F-Type connectors). Here is an example of someone who makes up custom cables (probably good to get them made up by the experts :)

http://www.lextec.com/lex_custom.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, your posts are always so detailed and full of great info. +5 for all the great work you put into this one. You humble me because I wrote a much smaller response in the other forum to the same question :)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your kind words my friend! I just read your post and it was perfect, "quality over quantity" is always the way to go :) I gave it the +5 points that it deserved along with your great body of work here lately.

Cheers! Keep up the great work.

Rob

Dear Mr. Rob,

Thanx a lot for your timely help.I had ordered pulling of cat 5 or cat 6 cable from client switch till his roof (50 meters or 150 feet away).Now i will stop that .

For 50 feet Dual Rg-6 Cable part number is : AIR-CAB50DRG6-F will work (50 feet)

Suppose if i need to order 150 feet then part number should be like this

AIR-CAB150DRG6-F ?? I am asking u :)

Anyway thanx alot once again.May u live longer!

Eng. Abdul

Hi Abdul,

You are always welcome here @ NetPro :)

I don't think Cisco ever made a 150' version of this cable like the part# you quoted - AIR-CAB150DRG6-F. The longest one is the 100 footer - AIR-CAB100DRG6-F. So the custom made route may be the way to go. You could order up a 50' and 100' pair and connect them "mid-span" but I much prefer the single run :)

As shown in this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps7183/ps469/product_data_sheet09186a008022b11b.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

For the next person looking at this post you can use a 3rd party injector to use standard POE to power the Cisco injector I use it to go beyond the 100 meter limit. Part number : PD-AS-601/18-5521

http://www.microsemi.com/datasheets/Active_Splitter_Series.pdf

Dear mislowell,

Thnx for help. we shall c the pdf link

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: