Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR-CAP2602I-E-K9 model Stealth Mode

FutureZone77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Good day to you all. I would like to know anyone can advise or guide me on:

1)Can I set with Stealth Mode for Cisco AIR-CAP2602I-E-K9 model WAP in standalone scenario (without Controller). Is it possible in the first place?

2) Can I set 2 SSID with mentioned model for Guest and Office user access control?

Thanks a lot.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
1)Can I set with Stealth Mode for Cisco AIR-CAP2602I-E-K9 model WAP in standalone scenario (without Controller). Is it possible in the first place?

What do you mean "stealth mode"?  You mean NOT broadcasting the SSID?  

If this is the case, the answer is YES.

2) Can I set 2 SSID with mentioned model for Guest and Office user access control?

Yes you can but the AP cannot do UAC.  You need a third-party application to do UAC for corporate and guest. 

Hello,

Thank you so much for your advice.

1) For Stealth Mode, understood that it is enable to hide the SSID. Without deploying controller unit, can I set this mode by stand alone interface like web gui?

2) Any compatible model of 3rd party UAC for this mention AP?

Rgds,

For Stealth Mode, understood that it is enable to hide the SSID. Without deploying controller unit, can I set this mode by stand alone interface like web gui?

You can set your SSID to not broadcast via GUI or CLI.  Your choice.

Any compatible model of 3rd party UAC for this mention AP?

A lot.  Depends on how complex you want it.

Hello Leo,

Thanks a lot for your advice and info. For SSID hiding procedure do you have any link for me to study more and configure. Cos I am not sure with this model web GUI or CLI. For UAC also can give one model so that I can google and study more.

Sorry for troubles and thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card