Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Cisco Aironet 1200 access point upgrades

Has anyone successfully upgraded a Cisco 1200 access point from B to G? The reason I ask is that I am considering picking up one of the older b modles(IOS not VX) and the prices have come down for those. Then when I am ready for g just buy the g card and update the software. I already have a cco account.

I am wondering if I can save some money going this route as apposed to just purchasing the updated G version of the 1200.

Any thoughts?

Regards...

3 REPLIES

Re: Cisco Aironet 1200 access point upgrades

I have upgraded all my B radios to G. It is a fairly simple process and the radio wasnt expensive. I think you should buy G AP's though. I believe Cisco sells them for the exact same price. I guess some resellers might have some extra ones they are getting rid of. Still it should be cheaper than a B AP and a G radio combined.

baileja, what is the price you paid for the g upgrade?

The price will vary from 100-150 dollars depending on your reseller. I get government contract prices so I got a pretty good deal. I think it would be more cost effective to get the G AP right off the bat, rather than upgrade an existing unless you have already purchased the B or are getting a steal on one.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content