Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1200/IOS issue

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

hello,

I'm having trouble establishing DHCP addresses to clients connecting via 802.11 to my Cisco Aironet 1200 AP running IOS 12.2(12)JA2. If I establish a DHCP IP address via ethernet, the address will persist onto the wireless session. However, the AP will not assign an address to a new wireless client. Any ideas?

-n

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

There is a known issue on wireless clients not getting the IP address from DHCP server via wireless VLAN, but via ethernet , it works. The Bug ID is CSCec54099.

Do you know what the fix is for this issue. I cannot find anything on Bug CSCec54099.

Thank You

Lindsey

snapp@tka-pth.thyssenkrupp.com

This looks to be the same issue that we are having. However, everything seems to work if WEP is turned off. I've been working with Cisco tech support on this and they seem to not be aware of this issue.

lsnapp72
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem. My clients that are connecting to the 1200 AP are not able to obtain a DHCP IP address. The DHCP server is unavailable. If you get a fix for this could you please let me know. I will also try to keep watch on this forum and this question.

Thank You

Lindsey

snapp@tka-pth.thyssenkrupp.com

Hi

I noticed that it was mentioned that things are fine when WEP is turned off, i.e. you can get a DHCP address from the server.

Now, I know this sounds silly, but I have had a very similar issue and have scratched my head for ages. The fix for this, and now don;t scoff, was re-inputting all the static WEP keys. Then, imeediately it works. I have had this on several different APs. If you are using any more complex dynamic WEP protocol, then make sure that you associate first using static on all radio interfaces and then turn on your dyn WEP protocol.

Hope that helps

Rgds

Marc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card