Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

bg

Cisco Aironet 1240AG: ethernet disconnecting

Hello, I have 6 Cisco Aironet 1240 AG Access Points.

Those have alwyas been problematic.  In the beggining, they crashed *altogether* every week.  Symptoms: the ethernet connection shuts down, but the wi-fi is still working (but useless without any ethernet connection).

Out resseler spent almost weeks looking for the problem, but never found anything.  Long story short, we fixed the problem by making those APs reboot every night.  They worked a few years like that.

Now, since a few weeks, they started "crashing" multiple times per day, with the exact same symptoms: almost always altogether, or one shortly after another.

My investigations shows that:

- this is not caused by the switch (all our network equipment has been changed last year, but it didn't fx the problem)

- this is not caused by the Ciso "power injectors", which we had some trouble with.  Now, those AP's are powered by POE (with cdp disabled in the config)

The last thing I was thinking of is the software version.  They run the System Software 12.4(21a)JA1.

Is there any known problems with this version ?  Or any issues with this 1240AG AP ?  Those AP are causing so much problems that we're not far of replacing them all.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content