cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1700 access-point?

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

Earlier this month Cisco released a new autonomous IOS for the 2700 and 3700 access-points. If I look at the release logs, they reference to a new 1700I access-point:

Support for Cisco Aironet 1700 Series access point
- This access point is built on 3x3:2(2.4GHz), 3x3:2(5GHz) MIMO technology, and comes with integrated antennas, and supports 802.11a,b,g,n,ac. This access point has both primary and secondary gigabit Ethernet ports. The primary port is gigabit Ethernet 0 and is the backhaul port. The primary port can be set as trunk port. The secondary port is gigabit Ethernet 1, and is the access port. You can configure the secondary port to a VLAN ID using the interface configuration command bridge multiple-port client-vlan vlan-id
- Supported model is 1700I

(http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/rn-15-3-3.html)

Has anyone of you guys have some inside information about this new access-point? My guess is that it is gonna be the successor for the 1600I, so the same price but 802.11ac and CleanAir Express (?)

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1702I/1702E is coming.  One of the guys here, Rasika, is beta testing the hardware and firmware.  

I am doing beta for IOS-XE 3.7 which supports this AP model & some other features. 

Unfortunately I do not have this AP model at my hand to tell you any specifics.

HTH

Rasika

Hello,

Thanks for the information. Have you any ideas of the release date of a Prime Infrastructure Template.

We will try to deploy a few dozen of them. I think it will be easier with P.Infra

thanks in advance

Jean-Luc

RON ROYSTON
Level 1
Level 1

It's orderable now.

AIR-CAP1702I-A-K9

- Ron

stndip.com

yes. It looks like 8.0.100.0 code  introduced this new AP model support for AireOS controllers.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

HTH

Rasika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card