cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 3602I is stand alone or need a controller ????..

dchavarria
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can any help me with this questions ?...thanks you.

Cisco Aironet 3602I  is stand alone or need a controller ????..

David Chavarria

8 Replies 8

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

3602's need a controller.

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

3602 is designed to work with the WLC, as is the 3500.  Any AP with Clean Air needs to be joined to the WLC to gain the Clean Air functionality.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

You also need code 7.2, which means you need a new 2504, 5508 or WISM2. Will not work on older controllers.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

in General APs can be converted to work with autonomous (standalone) image or an LWAPP/CAPWAP image that needs controller.

for 3600 series APs however there are no support for autonomous image and you can only use it on WLC with version 7.2 or above (7.0 does not work).

7.2 version does not work on all WLC platforms and only works on new platforms like WiSM2 and 2500 WLCs.

I think everyone above mentioned what I wrote but I just tries ot make a good summary.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Do you know if there is an autonomous image for this, we were asked to perform a site survey with this model , but we dont want to be carrying WLC to do this,

Thanks

No. There is no autonomous image.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

martyn.rees
Level 4
Level 4

I'd be interested to hear how others have done site surveys with these units, as it does make it hard without an autonomous image.

This was the same issue when the 3500's came out until people found out you can use the 1260 image.  What I have seen in the field is using a 2504 and a power pack to power up the 2504.  It would be the same if you would have to survey for mesh.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: