Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Aironet 5 GHz 54 Mbps problem

My problem is with AP 1210 that it has poor signal and a small coverage area not like what is mentioned in the documentation, I update & upgrade the frame ware and I tried with another AP and change client adapter I used the latest wireless utilities and change the laptop that used for the first test, but no way the same problem still there

What I can do more? Or what is the solution could be??

I hope to find an answer for this problem

Thanks for ur cooperation

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco Aironet 5 GHz 54 Mbps problem

802.11a is a lot more sensitive to interference and placement of the AP the mutilpath loss effect is much higher

I recommend that you do a full site survey to evaluate any sources of interference and mitigate or minimise them as much as possible

I also recommend that you try a few different spots for your AP to find the best location for it

Re: Cisco Aironet 5 GHz 54 Mbps problem

I tested it in two different places in the customer site and in our company,also the same problem the main thing is the coeverage area is so small less than in it's documentation, the beggest coverage area we reach is abot 15 meter not more then it is dissconnect (in door test)????

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content