cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet AIR-BR342 or AIR-BR350

MSNiCROS
Level 1
Level 1

I think ive finally decided on what Radio to use for the ISP Services. I Have several (20+) Cellsites and am planning on using Sector Antennas at each cell for the Clients to connect to. I have a couple quick questions before I start ordering tomorrow.

1. What is the Frequency range per channel of both the 340 and 350 series AP/Bridges ?

2. I am planning on 1 Sector per AP/Bridge, What should I use to connect the 3+ AP/Bridges together to maximize # of users and Bandwidth ?

4. I wasted serveral days working with a Wireless Router vendor who ** forgot ** to tell me that his router was not 802.11b Compatible.

Soooo I want to be sure this time... are the 340 and 350 Series AP's compatible with 802.11b.. Will I need to rely on Cisco on both the CO and CPE site or will a Linksys AP work at the CPE side ?

5. Has anybody used Antennas from Hyperlink.com for a Wireless ISP Solution ? In combonation with the Cisco 340 or 350 AP's

6. Im am blowing about 250,000.00 on Cisco Aironet Hardware this week. can anybody suggest a good Reseller or another reliable source of Hardware ?

Sorry so many questions.

Thank you

Chris s. Raver

CEO Project Wireless

2 Replies 2

blue.modal
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, the 340s and 350s are 802.11b, HOWEVER, all vendors use proprietary methods for bridge links because the 802.11b spec maxs out at 1 mile.

We can get you the equipment (and we charge less than Hyperlink for a lot of the same equipment), however you still have some fundamental issues to tackle, like:

-The client device is either a client or a bridge, not an AP, not from any manufacturer.

Matthew Wheeler

shaun.oliver
Level 1
Level 1

If you contact your local Cisco rep, they can probably let you know of any suppliers/partners in the area.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: