Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

CISCO Aironet AP340 connectivity problem

Hello, all:

I have a pair of wireless CISCO Aironet 340 LAN adapter (client) and wireless CISCO Aironet 340 AP. Each was running perfectly fine just few days ago along with other wireless products.

However, when I decided to go through an upgrade with the newest firmware update,i.e. changing the AP's firmware version from 10.x to 11.06, the AP just stopped working properly. (NOTE: The client was also upgraded with the newest firmware, and it does not have any problem at all with other type of APs.) In effect, there could not be any link between this AP and 340 client or any other IEEE 802.11 compliant device.

The Logs for this AP during testing has entries as follows:

Info: Station xxxxxxxxx Authenticated.

Warning: Station xxxxxxxxx Failed association,

Too many stations in BSS.

The Warning message baffles me since there wasn't any association created with any client by the AP.

Additional hint is that there were lots of Packet CRC error at the receiving end of this AP.

I would really appreciate any sort of help or suggestion on why and how this error might have happened, and to set up the network correctly.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: CISCO Aironet AP340 connectivity problem

Try checking all your setting, SSID’s and WEP options/keys. Some of my selected options changed back to “defaults” during my upgrade and I lost associations also.

Did you find a solution? I'm having the same problem.

Hello all¡G

I have the same problem,but I solve it when I downgrade the firmware version of 11.05.Then the wireless client can associate the wireless AP.You can try it.Good Luck for you.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content