cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 1522 Wireless Mesh Antennas 2.4 GHz

joao.mendes
Level 1
Level 1

Can somebody tell me if this Acess Point, AIR-LAP1522AG-E-K9, work only with one antenna of 2.4GHz? Because in the configuration tool we are obligated to choose three but i only need one. Do i have to buy the three or can i buy one spare? Please help me!

4 Replies 4

castro.nuno
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem can anyone help us???

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

Are you talking about the 1252? Also, which antenna are you looking to purchase? Either way, you aren't required to purchases anything you don't want. The configuration tool is simply giving you a recommendation. You can purchase one, two, or three antennas.

I'm not sure who you go through to purchase equipment, but you should discuss this with your account manager with either Cisco or your local reseller.

No. I am talking about AP 1522 (Cisco Aironet 1522 Lightweight Outdoor Mesh Access Point). and what i wanted to know is if this Access Point work only with one antenna of 2.4GHz (AIR-ANT2480V-N) and one of 5 GHz(AIR-ANT5180V-N).

The AP1522 has improved radio performance by supporting Maximal Ratio Combining (MRC) diversity on the 2.4GHz radio and uses three 2.4GHz antennas. One antenna is needed for the 5GHz radio. However it will of course work with just one 2.4GHz antenna but just not as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card