Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 350 - Lost password - Can't reset to defaults

dennys-perez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have tried following the instructions provided on the TAC site to reset the AP to default settings, but this procedure doesn't seem to work. The AP has a firmware = 11.17 When I tried to enter the :resetall command specified in the support docs via the serial port, this doesn't do anything, and I get prompted for the username. I have also tried to use the pin reset, but this doesn't seem to solve it either. Could someone please advice on any other ways to get the AP reset? We need to deploy this AP, but need to have it reconfigured.

Thanks in advance

dp

3 Replies 3

lbadman
Level 1
Level 1

The :resetall all command needs to be done within 2 minutes of reset/power up. This may make a difference with what you've tried?

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pl. make sure that you follow the procedure which is documented at

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/102/wlan/pwrec-2.html#resetap

for versions 11.07 and later..

If stiil no luck , open a tac case at www.cisco.com/tac

I have an identical problem, version 11.21 on AP352E2R. Did you get a solution from TAC? I had set the security to disable read-only browsing without login, and must have typed the password wrongly, twice! When I try to do a :resetall I get prompted for username and password. Five other 352s work fine and behave as in the documentation, but they all have read-only browsing enabled.

Neil

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card