Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP's for dual access

luthierone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anybody know if I can do the following with a cisco AP?

I want to have one access point authenticate two different groups of users with radius. The two different groups would be on seperate vlans, so the AP would have to support vlans. Also, I want to have two different ssids for the groups, so the AP would have to support that as well. The problem with this in the past is that you can configure two different ssids, but the beacon can only broadcast one. I would like to have them both discoverable, for ease of setup. If that isn't possible, maybe I could use one ssid, and the radius server could break out the different groups and assign them to the proper vlan? Is that possible?

thanks,

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Here is a link that explains how to configure multiple SSID.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804e7f4a.html

After reading this link, Try this steps.

1. Click on Services >> VLAN >> Create a VLAN per SSID. Remember that the

native SSID must match on both ends.

2. Click on Security >> Encryption Manager >> Select the VLAN that you want to

use with EAP under Set Encryption Mode and Keys for VLAN. Scroll down to Encryption Modes

and select the CIPHER that you want. Click Apply.

3. Click on Security >> Encryption Manager >> Select the VLAN that you want to

use with wep under Set Encryption Mode and Keys for VLAN. Scroll down to Encryption Modes

and select WEP encryption Mandatory. Click Apply.

4. Click on Security >> SSID Manager >> Create 2 SSID and link them to the

corresponding VLAN. The SSID that is linked to the VLAN that is using CIPHER will be the

one that can be configured with WPA and Key Management mandatory.

5. Select the SSID that you want to broadcast, go to Guest Mode/Infrastructure SSID

Settings and select Multiple BSSID. After that select the SSID again and go to Multple

BSSID Beacon Settings and enable the option that says Set SSID as Guest Mode.

6. Configure server as you wish.

sorvarit
Level 1
Level 1

You can have multiple vlans with separate ssids for each, but only two ssids can be broadcasted. In your case this would satisfy your needs. The secondary broadcast ssid feature was added in an ios released some versions past.

Thanks Guys,

This solves my issue.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card