Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP

Hello guys,

I have a question, when AP cannot find wlc, and error appear like:

CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Not sending discovery request AP does not have an Ip

it ist right that this error appears

%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

*Mar  1 02:30:40.158: %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to reset

*Mar  1 02:30:40.172: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

*Mar  1 02:30:41.172: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

*Mar  1 02:30:41.656: %DOT11-2-TX_PWR_TIMO: Interface Dot11Radio1, Timed out waiting for fw to clear txp_pndg flag

*Mar  1 02:30:41.859: %SSH-5-ENABLED: SSH 2.0 has been enabled

*Mar  1 02:30:42.094: Interface Dot11Radio1 transmit power indices set/txp_pndg cleared

*Mar  1 02:30:42.159: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to up

*Mar  1 02:30:42.860: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to up

*Mar  1 02:30:49.832:  status of voice_diag_test from WLC is false

*Mar  1 02:30:49.912: Logging LWAPP message to 255.255.255.255.

thank you

11 Replies 11

and is this alright that ap goes rebooting after some amount of time

Wats the AP model number and the WLC software version??

Regards
Surendra BG

Also i have another question too,  when i migrate ap from standalone to lightweight, i used static ip on ap for tftp, after upgrading it to lightweight version, static ip was there again, so how can i remove this static ip in lightweight mode

wlc and ap 7.0.230.0

Cisco Aironet 1040 Series (IEEE 802.11n) Access Point"

PID: AIR-AP1042N-E-K9  , VID: V02, SN: FCZ1537W1MW

WLC- nm-wlc-k9

go on to the AP console and type in the below commands

en

debug capwap console cli

conf t

int fa 0

ip address dhcp

end

and do this..

from the AP, get the BASE ETHERNET MAC ADDRESS and put that in the MAC ADDR filter on the AP policies and then let me know if that associates, while doing so, make sure the Multiple country code is not enabled on the WLC

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Can you please post the entire bootup process?

Can you also provide the following output:

WLC:  sh sysinfo

WAP:  sh inventory

leolahoo

the main question is if lightweight access point has static ip stayed from standalone version, is it right that he goes rebooting with

SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by CAPWAP CLIENT. Reload Reason: Could not discover WLC using DHCP IP address, Reload to use static IP.

I need to know only that

If you have an autonomous WAP and has a static IP address then you convert the said WAP to lightweight, then the static IP address will remain.  This is, of course, if you did not delete the "default" configuration.

In my experience so far,  LWAPP APs with a static IP have the following cycle:

1.) Boot up with static IP, search for Access Controller.

2.) If cannot find access controller, switch from static IP to DHCP.

3.) If still cannot find access controller, reboot to static IP config and start cycle again.

So, yes, if "lightweight access point has static ip stayed from standalone version, is it right that he goes rebooting with

SYS-5-RELOAD:  Reload requested by CAPWAP CLIENT. Reload Reason: Could not discover  WLC using DHCP IP address, Reload to use static IP."

Because he tried with his static IP, then switched to DHCP and still couldn't try.

NAME: "AP1040", DESCR: "Cisco Aironet 1040 Series (IEEE 802.11n) Access Point"

PID: AIR-AP1042N-E-K9  , VID: V02, SN: FCZ1537W1MW

Kamran,

For your original query, yes, as per the RFC for Capwap, a WTP/AP should try upto 20 times to discover a wlc and if it fails its expected of the unit to go a reboot cycle, and start the capwap state machine all over again.

Best,

Sahil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card