Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco compatibility matrix

theophile
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Using this document http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html, referring to table 4, I cannot see any version 7.6.130 for the wlc. My Prime is running version 2.0.0.0.294 and one of my 5508 wlc is running 7.6.130.0 and it's working fine, althought the minimum soft version for 7.6 is Prime 2.1 on this table.

My plan is to upgrade a wlc 8500 to the 8.0 version, but as the minimum Prime version required is 2.1.1, does it mean that I will lose the communication between the wlc and the prime after the upgrade? or the table 4 of the compatibility matrix is not accurate?

Thanks

Theo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your WLC is associated in WCS/NCS/PI, then it will continue to be available.  The compatibility is more for new features if using templates, etc.  Older PI versions, will not allow you to create AVC templates for example, because its not available in that version. So the matrix, lines up features with WLC code, this matrix is also what TAC will reference if you have issues.

Scott

**Please rate helpful post**

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your WLC is associated in WCS/NCS/PI, then it will continue to be available.  The compatibility is more for new features if using templates, etc.  Older PI versions, will not allow you to create AVC templates for example, because its not available in that version. So the matrix, lines up features with WLC code, this matrix is also what TAC will reference if you have issues.

Scott

**Please rate helpful post**

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

When u take a look at the details you see the note, that also version 2.1 is supporting just the feature set of code 7.4. Only 2.2 will support the new features which is not released by now.

theophile
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card