cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MESH and 802.11n???

glakovski
Level 1
Level 1

I have a very strange customer requirements to provide a outdoor solution with "fixed ruggedized outdoor" APs that support 802.11n in addition he will be very pleased of a MESH deployment. The only Cisco 802.11n AP I see is 1252, which placed in a outdoor box will provide 802.11n services. But it is specified as modular indoor AP and at the moment it has no mesh functionality even as a backhaul.

The officila Cisco statement I found is these one:

"Enterprise Wireless Mesh will not initially be supported on the AP1250. Cisco is committed to leveraging the two complimentary technologies of 802.11n and wireless mesh as the increased backhaul capacity offered by 802.11n significantly enhances the performance of the mesh network. Support for this capability is planned in a future software release. For further information, please contact your Cisco representative."

So my question is: Am I wrong thinking Cisco doesn't have such solution and how can I found such an animal for this pleasant customer?

1 Reply 1

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Correct. At this time the 1140 and 1250's are the only 802.11n solutions we have.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card