Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco MSE not detect the specific place

Hi all,

I have a Cisco MSE 7.6.100 with Cisco PI 1.4 and Virtual controller 7.4.121 and 3 APs (3600,3600 and 1600) to make the MSE to detect the location in accurate but I found that when I moved from Area to another Area (each area is covered by AP) the wireless client not associated on the New AP that is on the new Area which reflect on the accuracy of the Location detection.

this scenario is made to test MSE-CMX feature.

please advice to solve this problem.

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Mohamed are you facing any

Mohamed are you facing any issue while moving from one AP to other. Is proper hands-off is happening.Because It only happen when AP's are not doing proper hands-off.

yes I faced this problem

yes I faced this problem while moving from AP to another 

I found that while I move far from my first association AP to another one I do not associate to the other one 

please advice ?

If you have issues you

If you have issues you handover you need to make sure that the overlapping between the channels is proper and the 50 % overlapping is there.

When designing a WLAN, overlapping RF cell coverage is necessary to provide for seamless roaming. However, the overlapping coverage cells should not have overlapping frequency space. In the United States there are only three channels (1, 6 and 11) that do not share frequency space. RF is a half-duplex medium that allows for the transmission of only a single radio on any frequency channel, therefore when three or more 2.4 GHz APs are needed to cover an enterprise facility, only the non-overlapping channels of one, six and eleven should be used.

802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi radios can transmit in the 2.4 GHz band with a total of fourteen available channels. In the US only eleven of those channels are legally available and only 13 are available in Europe.

within the 2.4 GHz band, only three channels have non-overlapping frequency space: channels one, six and eleven.

but I know the channel

but I know the channel assignment will be done by the controller automatically through all AP ?

thanks in advance 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content