cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Power-over-Ethernet Problem PoE with 1131AG

jagajutt
Level 1
Level 1

Have any of you used a Cisco 113AG Access Point with a Cisco PoE.

The problem I have is when I use the power supply directly plugged into the AP it works fine and has been configured (IP, WPA etc). When I use the power injector I can ping and log into the AP, but get the following message (see attached).

WARNING:

All radios disabled due to insufficient inline power. Upgrade inline power source or install power injector.

We have tried two PoE's (both INJ3). Is it a faulty AP?

I have read some stuff about Cisco Intelligent Power Management and it talks about running some commands from the CLI but the commands are for an inline switch or wireless controller. The Switch we are using is a 2950 - hence why I am plugging in a PoE!!!!!

Details

Power Injector:

AIR-PWRINJ3

Access Point (AP):

AIR-AP1131AG-E-K9

Regards

Jag

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jag,

Check out this thread from February of this year, it sounds like the exact same problem.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=General&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dda8d21

Solution from David was to turn off CDP on the switchport.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Thanks Rob for your reply.

I have found the answer to my specific problem. I had to enter the following command at the AP CLI

power inline negotiation injector

And give the AP 20 seconds and the radios will come up

Jag

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jag,

Great work!! Thank you for posting the solution to your problem. This is very helpful when Forum participants post the fix for issues like this. It helps all of us going forward.

Take care!

Rob

Perhaps a helpful addition to this, especially for those working with WLSE and templates:

power negotiation inline injector installed

does the same thing but you dont have to worry about the mac address of the attached switch. This command is available from 12.3.8(JA)

This makes it much easier to create generic startups for AP deployment.

Bas Kokken

jchesno
Level 1
Level 1

yes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card