Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Spectrum Expert component needed?

n.poongsawad
Level 1
Level 1

Ask Experts,

I know that the Cisco Spectrum Expert can show on a standalone PC (Windows XP) with Cisco Spectrum Expert installed.

The page propably like this pict.

Cisco-SE.png

Now, my doubt is. Can I use WLC5508+CleanAir AP (e.g. 2600 3500 3600) to reflect the exactly the same result (same page same graph).

I heard about AP in SE-connect mode. But how can I get this result with WLC+AP (no standalone Laptop based)

What I missing plz suggest.

SE-Labtop.png

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't. Per the guide:

Configuring a Spectrum Expert Connection
To obtain detailed spectrum data that can be used to generate RF analysis plots similar to those provided by a spectrum analyzer, you can configure a Cisco CleanAir-enabled access point to connect directly to a Microsoft Windows XP or Vista PC running the Spectrum Expert application (referred to as a Spectrum Expert console). You can initiate the Spectrum Expert connection semi-automatically from WCS or by manually launching it from the controller. This section provides instructions for the latter.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/configuration/guide/c70cleanair.html#wp1171853

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card