cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAP - AIR-CAP3502I-X-K9—802.11a/g/n

aravinda099
Level 1
Level 1

Just wondering of this model of WAP - AIR-CAP3502I-X-K9—802.11a/g/ is working standalone with out a controller , or is it only controller based ?

Thanks.

11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need a controller running 7.0.X firmware.

Ok thanks. Whats the best model these days with no external anteans that supports 802.11a/g/n ? is it 1140 ?

External antennas?  1260 if you want autonomous.

BTW, AIR-CAP3502I-X-K9 is an INTERNAL antenna model of this WAP

Depends on your need.

1040 is a 2x2 soho model that comes with 2 models 802.11g/n and 802.11a/g/n

1140 is a 2x3 enterprise model that comes with 2 models 802.11g/n and 802.11a/g/n

1260 is a 2x3 enterprise model

3500 is a 2x3 enterprise model that comes with 2 models 802.11g/n and 802.11a/g/n also clean air

3600 is a 3x3 enterprise model that comes with 2 models 802.11g/n and 802.11a/g/n

All depends on your need and design requirements.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks . Yeah looking at a model that does a/g/n with external antenas , autonomous.

You are looking at the 1260 model then. Keep in mind you can not go more then a 6 dBi gain antenna on them,

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks. Cheers for the tips.

What's your opinion on 1140 series ? Are they end of life ?

What's your opinion on 1140 series ? Are they end of life ?

The 1140 are still in the market.

1140 is more of indoor ap. The 1260 is a more rugged ap. Both are great aps.  I have both deployed in my enviroment.

You need a controller, "officially". However, you could load a cisco 1260 autonomous code on it and it will work. BUT, its officially not supported by Cisco.

Thanks Geoff. I guess that we won't be eligible to download that code for this officialy then .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card