Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco WAP4410N WAP Problem with Windows 8 BUG Id CSCua29054

Hi All,

We set up a Cisco WAP for one of our clients. It is running WPA2-Personal with AES. One of the bosses at this client recently bought a MS Surface Pro and is unable to connect that to the wireless. Some research into the issue shows that this is a known issue between CISCO and Windows 8. I don't understand it entirely, but something to do with the "handshaking" between Cisco devices and windows 8. The Bug ID is in the title.

It appears that Cisco has been working on this issue, and in some cases there are software updates that fix things. On the CIsco forums they keep talking about a "Controller Update" to 7.x.x.x, but that doesn't appear to apply to WAPs. The only thing I could think of for the WAP would be a firmware update, but the latest firmware does not appear to resolve this issue.

The only other fix I see is changing the security type to TKIP instead of AES. On this WAP it appears that I would have to drop from wpa2 to wpa to accomplish that though (although there is an AES- TKIP mixed mode). Honestly I don't understand what the repercussions of all of that would be though.

Any advice? Anyone have to deal with this issue?

Views
Helpful
Replies