Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco WCS/NCS integration with airmagnet

Hi,

I used Airmagnet to preform a site survey and i want to import the maps into the WCS/NCS how can i do that?

Thanks,

Omer Shtivi

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cisco WCS/NCS integration with airmagnet

Well you can take those floor map images and then use that in WCS/NCS. There is no integration with importing floor maps as I know. You still have to define and build your campus and buildings, that is when you have to have individual images for each floor.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0/configuration/guide/7_0maps.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,

Thank you for your replay.

As far as i know there is a way to export the plan from the Airmagnet and into the WCS/NCS.

there is an option in the Airmagnet Cisco Prime NCS/WCS export.

when i export the file it save it as a zip file, when i open it there is three folders inside, csvfiles images and xmlDir, when i import the the XML file i get the error:

"

XML Import: 'AMPlanner.xml' has an unsupported Mime Type\n\nMime Type sent by  Browser 'text/xml'\n\nPossible causes/workarounds\n1. Check File  [Associations/Types/Extensions]\n2. Ensure appropriate application launches  file\n3. Try a different browser\n4. If File [Associations/Types/Extensions] are  correct try closing the browser and relaunch\n\nMaps Import: Supported file  format mime types are \n\n'application/gzip-compressed',  'multipart/gzip-compressed', 'multipart/x-zip-compressed',  'application/x-gzip-compressed', 'application/zip', 'multipart/zip',  'application/x-zip-compressed', 'multipart/x-gzip', 'application/x-zip',  'application/gzip', 'application/x-gzip', 'multipart/x-gzip-compressed',  'multipart/gzip', 'multipart/x-zip'\n\n

"

Are you thinking about importing from AirMagnet to WCS/NCS Planner? That is what you can import AirMagnet too.

-Scott

Yes,

This is what i'm talking about

Well you might want to also ask that question to AirMagnet or their community. Might be an issue with the specific versions you are using.

-Scott

This integration does work.  Your result here is to build an RF calibration model built from your actual Airmagnet Survey that you can use in WCS.  Specific steps are required:

1) Export site plan from WCS to your PC

2) Import unzipped files (.csv and drawings) into Airmagnet Survey Pro as a "WCS survey project"

3) Conduct your survey and save

4) Export your completed survey by selecting WCS export/Survey export from drop down menu

5) From WCS, import from Maps drop down menu .ZIP format

6) Select RF calibration model

7) Apply to selected maps

8) Select floor/campus/building and go

You also need to make sure you are running WCS version 7.0.164 or higher as well as Survey PRO 8.1

You can also build a site plan in Airmagnet Planner (map, walls, doors cubicals, etc) just like WCS Map editor and import into WCS.  This process does not build the RF calibration model, rather just the creation of the building, floor area and obstacles.

Thanks //art

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content