Helpful
Replies

cisco wired guest with one wlc

ivan.martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello my name is Ivan

I have a question:

You can configure wired guest for wired network users so that appears the cisco wlc web portal for guest user authentication? having the following:

Only one (1) cisco wlc 5508 no settings for auto  anchor  or foreing controller, a cisco acs v5.4,  cisco switches, and access points.

I'm using 802.1x, and when the user because autententicacion policies fall into the guest vlan, the user receives full IP routing vlan guest, comes to internet through the router for guest users, but not redirected to the website of wlc .

I would like to redirect http traffic from cisco switch to the cisco wlc for wlc web portal

My deployment is to flex connect wireless authentication, and local switching center

How I can do this?

Thanks for your answers.

8 Replies 8

Johnjcaston
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this done before. Here is an article on how to configure Wired Guest Access on a WLC:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808ed026.shtml

Step 6 shows how to configure the Web Authentication.

Hi thanks for your answers,

I have o ley one (1) cisco wlc, i can not configure anchor  and foreing controller,

Is possible to do it in my scenary¿

Regards

Take a look at the link that Matthew posted... just setup the ingress and your egress, but you don't have to point it to an anchor.  Just follow the first half of the guide, but of course your egress would not be your management but another interface you want to place guest users:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808ed026.shtml#wllan

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott, thanks for your answer:

My scenary is:

Site A Corporate

WLC 5508 Flex Connect Central Auth + Local Switching

1. int management:  vlan 10 - 10.1.1.2/24

2. int virtual: 1.1.1.1

3. wired-guest: vlan 30

wlans:

1. corporate - mapped to interface  management 802.1x wpa, 2pa2

2. guest - mapped to interface management web auth

3. wired-guest: web auth, ingress wired, egress management

Cisco ACS v5.4

Site B: Branch

AP Ligthweight in the vlan 10, vlans mapped 100 and 30, 100 for wlan corporate and 30 for wlan guest.

Switches Cisco,

The branch have a router of internet to users guest.

The switch cisco have a 802.1x configuration, and the method to authenticate users can not have a supplicant 802.1x is web auth.

Actually i can not redirect the traffic from the switch in the branch to cisco wlc 5508 in the corporate site. The users bypass the interception of the cisco wlc and they can goes to internet without the portal of authentication.

Please could you give and advice to resolv it?

Regards for your answers.

Wired guest has to local to the WLC. So only the site in which you have a WLC can you use wired guest.

-Scott

Hi Scott

Thanks for your answer. So according your advice,  wired guest can not work if the users are in a remote site in the wan,?

All the users have to stay in the same site with the wlc?.  My question is, because i have flex connect central auth and local switching in my deployement,  I would like to use wired guest in the wlc,  but  the users are in the wan.

Thanks.

That will not work as the guest wired subnet has to be local to the WLC.  This means the wired subnet has to be on a dynamic interface you created on the WLC, You can't achieve this if your guest wired subnet is on anther subnet than what you have on the wlc dynamic interface.

Example:

Vlan 999 is only a layer 2 subnet, there is no layer 3 interface.

Vlan 888 is a layer 3 subnet.

Wired Guest (vlan 999) --> Switch --> WLC Ingress Port (Interface Guest vlan 999) --> WLC Egress Port (Interface Guest Traffic Vlan 888)

You want to have wired guest, then you need to look into ISE with your setup.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card