Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Wireless mdns/AirServer

Hi,

I seems to have encountered a weird behaviour using Cisco wlc with mdns with AirServer. As the wireless have setup to make use of LSS; we tried to move the clients to different areas of the campus and it is still able to see the AirServer service from the client. However using the same client; it is not able to see the AppleTV deployed across the campus(It only see the appletv service.for the AP/area that the wireless client is connected).  I have checked on the wlc and it seems that the airserver and appletv make use of the same services; airplay & airtunes with LSS/query enabled. Both the airserver and appletv make use of wireless connection to host the service.

I was wondering if there may be any settings that may be made to ensure that airserver services only display for the areas the wireless is connected similar to the appletv? The wlc is installed with 7.6.130.0

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES

I have no experience with it,

I have no experience with it, but did you enable multicast on the WLC? Did you take a look at that doc?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/bonjour/7-5/Bonjour_Gateway_Phase-2_WLC_software_release_7-5.html

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Just to add, LSS works only

Just to add, LSS works only if the devices are wireless. If the device running AirServer is also wired and the WLC also has an interface on that subnet, then that device will be seen everywhere.  I run AirServer and AirParriot and if wired will be seen everywhere if the WLC is being used and is setup as a bonjour gateway for that subnet.

Scott

**Please rate helpful post**

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi,Appreciate for the

Hi,

Appreciate for the information. The setup is running wireless for both the airserver and client. Multicast has not been enabled on the network as per the bonjour gateway deployment guide for WLC version 7.5. Only IGMP is enabled on the wlc but not L3 multicast.

I have read that with LSS enabled, the client may see the services for the AP it is connected as well as the neighbour APs. I would like to check if there may be any settings that determine the neighbour APs to be seen by the clients? I did a check on the WLC for the airserver AP RF neighbour and do not see the AP that the client is connected. I have illustrated by setup as follow:

Client(Vlan B)-----AP1-----WLC------AP2------AirServer (vlan A)

Distance between both the APs is approx. 50-100m between 2 buildings/campus blocks on the same level.

Based on it , not too sure what may be the problem for my setup as LSS appear to be working for Apple TV devices. I will do a further testing to verify it as well.

Appreciate for any suggestion

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content