Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco WLC Controllers in the same network

Hi All,

I have a one question. If it possible to run two Cisco WLC Controllers in the same subnet network ? I asking you because at this moment I have one WLC but it support only 25 AP and this licence pool has completely run out. I have additional Cisco WLC with 5 AP support. Can I put new WLC to the same network where old WLC working ?

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

Yes, you can. Make sure you

Yes, you can. Make sure you configure same mobility group name , rf-group name & virtual interface IP in both WLCs with mobility peering.

You can control which WLC is primary & which one is secondary for a given AP under High Availability tab of AP configuration.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

4 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Yes, you can. Make sure you

Yes, you can. Make sure you configure same mobility group name , rf-group name & virtual interface IP in both WLCs with mobility peering.

You can control which WLC is primary & which one is secondary for a given AP under High Availability tab of AP configuration.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Thanks !! :) Best regards

Thanks !! :)

Best regards,

Bartek

I have additional question.

I have additional question. So If I have Cisco WLC 2504 with support 25 AP, it is possible to increase number AP from 25 to 30 through buy additional licence for 5 AP and install this licence on Cisco WLC?

VIP Purple

YES

YES,

If you get 5 AP adder licences (something like L-LIC-CT2504-5A), you should be able to increase AP count from 25-30

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Views
Helpful
Replies