Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC local net user - guest account

ledzepp817
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a 2504 Cisco WLC.  I am creating Local Net Users for one of the WLANs that uses Web Auth and the Local Database.

My one question is, what does a "guest account" do differently than a non guest account besides the ability to create the lifetime of the account?  I mean, it seems both give access to the WLAN so I am failing to see the difference between the two.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A guest acct can only login to a webauth WLAN. A normal netuser can login to any WLAN that you allow or all. Including 802.1x if that WLAN is allowed to chek the local db

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Guest Account Net user has limited access of resources, whereas normal net user has all access to resources, if you allowed..

Guest is type of temporary user , normal user is considered as a permanent and trusted user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: