cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI command to asign the primary controller name and IP from the master controller.

Mark Shuck
Level 1
Level 1

I´m looking for the CLI command to asign the primary controller name and IP from the master controller. So as AP's join the master controller, I can move them to their new Controller. I would like to do this thru the CLI of the master controller when I rename the AP's with a script that I write after inventorying them.     Thanks to all who have any knowledge on this CLI command.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Command:  config ap primary <WLC name> <AP Name> <WLC Management IP address>

View solution in original post

Hi Mark, 

Can you please mark this post as "Answered" if the recommendation has fixed the issue?  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Command:  config ap primary <WLC name> <AP Name> <WLC Management IP address>

Leo Laohoo

Thanks so mush it's a lot easier to assign controller to a large group of new AP's this way.

I used this command from the master controller to change them to the NEW controller.

and it works GREAT...

(Cisco Controller) >config ap primary-base <WLC name> <AP Name> <WLC Management IP address>

Hi Mark, 

Can you please mark this post as "Answered" if the recommendation has fixed the issue?  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: