Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client association problem with AP1200 and IntelProSet

Hello,

I have a Dell Laptop using IntelProset and Cisco 1200 AP.

when I'm connecting to the web interface, after a while, sometime i'm loosing the connexion with no possibility to reconnect, except if I reboot the AP.

The IOS version is 12.2(15)Ja.

I did an upgrade to 12.3(7)Ja but it seem to be the same.

any Idea?

Thanks Gael

3 Replies 3

d.beaver
Level 1
Level 1

Gael,

I have experienced many of the same issues in the past with the Intel cards, specifically the 2200BG. Intel recognized the issue on their website and gave information on how to correct the connection issues. It however did not work for me and we ended up getting Cisco or HP cards to solve the issues.

There have been several forums in the past that address the Intel issue with more depth if you are interested in looking back through them. I would check to see what type of Intel card you have, then look to their site to see what fixes they have for your model.

I hope this has helped.

Dave

If you are using WPA-PSK on your Intel chipset-based laptop, the issue you are experiencing is because of the default WPA handshake timeout setting on the Cisco AP.

I've had this problem with multiple Intel and non-Intel based chipsets, and Dell Axim handhelds with Cisco Aironet APs.

Telnet to the AP and issue the following command after entering config t mode.

"dot11 wpa handshake timeout 1000"

By default on the Cisco AP's this timeout is set to 100 I believe, and a lot of non-Cisco wireless equipment cannot associate with the AP.

Symptoms include the wireless clients constantly associating/disassociating from the AP and never able to pass traffic.

I have experienced a million issues with the Intel radios over the past few years.

I have been using verison 9.0.4.17 with no issues. WPA PSK included with no additional configuration...

There used to be big time problems with PSP functionality. That has been fixed now.

If you haven't updated to this version of driver, try it...

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?&DwnldID=11850&ProductID=2259

Good Luck!

Tim

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card