Views
Helpful
Replies

client cannot access each other

susim
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

clients are in same vlan one is wired(not authenticated ) and another one is wireless

(wism ,authenticated against local db using web authntication page ).

When two of them are wirless , both can access each other .

How can i solve this issue .

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You shouldn't have any issues if the devices are on the same subnet....  make sure you don't have peer to peer blocking on the WLC, which I think you don't have since users can communicate to each other on the wireless, or you dont have anything configured on the switch side to block.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes  , I should not have any issue if the devices are in same subnet . I dont have an issue when both devices are in same subnet AND both devices are connected using wirless (both are authenticated in WLC)

The issue  happens when first device has connected using wireless and the second device connected using wired (both devices are in same subnet).

Thank you

There isn't any setting on the WLC that would prevent this.... typically that would be something on the switch side. 

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Hi

Just for clarification ,

I dont have any problem when both devices are in same subnet AND both devices are connected using wireless, means both devices can access each other . If the problem on the switch side  ,i must face the problem in the above mentioned case ?

Thanks

clients are in same vlan one is wired(not authenticated ) and another one is wireless

When two of them are wirless , both can access each other .

The problem is that a wireless client can't communicate to a wired client and vice versa, but if both were wireless they can and if both were wired they can.... correct?.... There is no configuration on the WLC that will prevent blocking wireless and wired.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

I'd check to make sure the default gateway and subnet mask are set correctly to match on the wired and wireless side.

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

wel there must be some thing blocking the traffice between them try to use traceroute/ping and check what is the last reachable point it will help you to narrow down the issue.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you don't want wireless users to communicate with each other, then you enable peer to peer to peer blocking in the WLAN advanced tab (P2P). I mentioned this P2P in a previous post.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Ali Aqrabawi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

can you ping the WLC interface from the wired client ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card