Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client not receiving DHCP addr.

I've got a brand new client install that associates with the AP but will not receive a DHCP address. Any help would be appreciated?

4 REPLIES

Re: Client not receiving DHCP addr.

I would first try setting a static address, if the static address doesn't work, I would then check for a routing loop.

If you have a Cisco router acting as a DHCP forwarding agent on your LAN, ensure that it is also enabled to operate as a DHCP Server.

Look at the status message at the bottom of the ACU screen and see if it displays the associated AP's MAC instead of its IP address. If so, you probably have mismatched WEP keys. By default, most 802.11b gear uses Open Authentication. Open Authentication allows a client to associate even if the WEP keys are different. Even though it associates, data packets (such as DHCP requests and responses) will not be encrypted/decrypted properly.

hi,

i want to add bit more information to this and that is check the page of AP and click on the link of the client on the main page and if it is showing Assoc and then u r unable to get the IP then there is a problem with Key missmatch an also check there should be no check mark under the open authentication i.e; in require EAP.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content