Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Client Servicing APs and wIPS Monitor Mode APs, and mixing AP models question???

Customer environment in one location is a mix of 3502i and 3602i LAPs. Customer is running wIPS Monitor Mode APs (not ELM). The answer to this question may be obvious, but wanted to get some feedback. In this environment would it be better to have the 3600 APs servicing clients with the 3500 APs doing wIPS, or having the 3500 servicing clients with the 3600 APs doing wIPS?  Or a mix, both 3500 and 3600 APs serving clients as well as other 3500 and 3600 APs performing in the wIPS Monitor Mode role?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

It comes down to the

It comes down to the performance required.  If it was me and I had a choice, I would use the 3602's for client access and the 3502's for wIPS.  Now does it really matter, not really.  Your client access just can ustilize the enhancement that the 3602's offer over the 3502's.  wIPS AP's don't really care and its client access that you should look at.  Heck, you can still put some of the other in local mode with wIPS sub mode to be hones.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

It comes down to the

It comes down to the performance required.  If it was me and I had a choice, I would use the 3602's for client access and the 3502's for wIPS.  Now does it really matter, not really.  Your client access just can ustilize the enhancement that the 3602's offer over the 3502's.  wIPS AP's don't really care and its client access that you should look at.  Heck, you can still put some of the other in local mode with wIPS sub mode to be hones.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content