Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Distribution

jagadishs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a setup of around 15 Nos of AP1200 running IOS 12.01T1,with 802.1x - PEAP enabled.

The problem we are facing is when we do some changes in configuration like adding a new vlan on one AP and try distributing the configuration using the Distributing a Configuration option,we are not able to see in the list all the 15 APs,we are able to see only 7 to 8 APs and it results in an error for all these 7 to 8 APs.

We are using the same user which has been created on all APs with similar rights,to distribute the configuration and all other configurations like web server are done correctly.

Pls let me know the reason or causes for this or are we missing any configuration ?

Regards,

Jagadish S

4 Replies 4

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Distributing configuartion work by the help of multicast , check out whether the switch used for this supports Multicast. Check out for traffic with IP address 224.1.0.1 and 224.0.1.40 with a sniffer trace. You can have a look at this document too.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008010f634.html

Hi,

I have checked that multicast is enabled on all the switches.Also the configuration is getting updated on few AP's even though it says an error on the distributing AP.

Pls help me resolving this issue.

Regards,

Jagadish S

h-zenk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello jagadish

got the same problem with 350 APs running VxWorks.

Solution was to set on all the same default Gateway.

The factory default gateway 255.255.255.255 did not work.

I'm absolutely sure that this was an AP issue because i tried it on hubs and different switches.

kind regards

Hermann

Hi Hermann,

I have set the same default gateway on all AP's,but still the problem persists.

Regards,

Jagadish S

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: