cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure IPSec between WLC and Server 2008 NPS?

brendanhamilton
Level 1
Level 1

I have been unable to get IPSec working between my WLC 5508 and a server 2008 NPS radius server.  Has anyone else has luck configuring this?  I have opened tickets with both Microsoft and Cisco, but so far have not been able to configure it properly. 

Thanks,

Brendan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IPSec should only be an option if the WLC has a crypto card installed.  IIRC, only the 4400 supported the crypto card, and it went EoS shortly after the airespace acquisition.

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IPSec should only be an option if the WLC has a crypto card installed.  IIRC, only the 4400 supported the crypto card, and it went EoS shortly after the airespace acquisition.

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks Stephen, you are right.  The 5500 series does not even support ipsec.  Unfortunately, the option is available in the console and I spent too much time trying to get it to work.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/configuration/guide/c70ovrv.html#wp1154082

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card