Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Configure MIC and TKIP then XP cannot get an IP address!

Hi. I have a 350 with IOS 12.02T1 and XP is running FW v5.20.17 and NDIS driver v8.3.10. I am not using any network auth just 128bit WEP. When I set up a simple network it works, but if I enable MIC and TKIP I cannot get an IP address! I seem to authenticate via the wireless and can see that I am connected on the GUI, but it shows no AP IP address and therefore no client IP address. Tried the usual reboots and things but it only works if I turn off the MIC and TKIP. That can't be right can it? Many thanks in advance...

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Configure MIC and TKIP then XP cannot get an IP address!

Are you using the ACU or windows XP client to configure the adapter ??

Missed that bit out. Definitely the ACU and not Windows XP doing the wireless work. Anyone have any other ideas!?

Cisco Employee

What version ACU ?

It's on 6.1.002. Latest version. Thanks.

And you made sure to turn off "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" in the Wireless Networks tab of the Wireless Network Connection Properties right?

I use the same setup you describe with TKIP, MIC and XP with same versions of everything and don't have any problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content