Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Configure Wireless Lan on 876W Router

HI,

i have a 876W Router which is connected to the internet throw a wireless connection to another modem/router, through Access Points. On the side of the modem/router there is a LAN With IP 192.168.0.1. I have create a second lan as VLan with IP 192.168.100.1 on my router. On modem/router i have declare the seconf ip as Virtaul Interface and with that way i have access to the internet.

When i am connecting to the lan through Etrhernet switch port 1 (on Ethernet switch port 0 there is the wireless Access Points that links to the modem/router) and i ask for 192.168.100.1 the router sends the IP to the modem/router and i get a connection on 192.168.0.1, and so everythink is ok. The VLAN on my router is configured to 'VLAN For Routing' (that's the option on SDM).

Now i am setting ethernet switch port to TRUNK, i am creating a wireless connection, i connect from my PC's wireless card to the router (192.168.100.1),so far so good, i have declare in my pc the apropriate IPs, and now i do not know how to configure the router to connect to 192.168.0.1 ip instead of 192.168.100.1, something that i do when i use ethernet switch port 1...

could somebody help????

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Configure Wireless Lan on 876W Router

I feel this document will be very useful to you. This explains how to configure a Wireless LAN connection on a 870 router. Check it out.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008045d289.html

Views
Helpful
Replies