Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Configuring DHCP reply-agent on cisco 1142N access point

hi,

Can any one help in configuring DHCP on access point, i have cisco 1142N access point, in my network.. working in autonomous mode, i have assigned a static ip to access point with default gateway.. from AP i'm able to reach internet and user connecting to access point are not able to get ip.. i have DHCP server in my network. how to make access point to fetch ip from my dhcp server and assign the saem to client.

Please help

Regards,

Yeshwanth

10 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Is everything in one vlan or multiple.  If you have multiple vlans, make sure your using an ip-helper on the layer 3 interface.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Community Member

its multiple vlan, i tired configuring manually an ip address.. i was able to connect to access point but my access point interface was not ping, even my gateway l3 switch

Can you share the AP and switchport config?

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

The AP is technically a bridging device between the air and the wire.

So long as you have the ip helper-address at the L3 interface, pointing to your DHCP server, the clients should get DHCP.

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Community Member

i have ip help address on my l3, coz wired i'm getting IP.. only on wireless i have problem.. no need to configure ip helper on access point na

So it might be an issue with your native vlan not being specifed on the trunk port the switch ap is connected to.  Maybe post your configuration so others can review your config.

-Scott
Community Member

for the same switch where access point are connected na, if i connect wired laptop, i'm getting IP.. if i config manually ip.. i'm getting connect to access point i'm not able ping the access point and gateway l3 switch.

Its your ap configuration and or your switchport the ap is connected to.

-Scott
Community Member

i have trunked the port on switch which is connected to my AP.. from AP  i'm able to access internet

Well place the ssid on that vlan and see if it works.  if it does, then its the configuration of the other vlans on your AP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_21a_JA1/configuration/guide/scg12421aJA1-chap7-mbssid.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801d0815.shtml

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content