Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Congested AP Channels

Hey, got a question....I have several 1231 in an area and I can not make due with the 3 channels allowed with 802.11g WLAN. I have the option of throttling one or two back to eliminate the overlap, but I was also wondering if it was possible to turn a few into repeaters to solve the issue. So therefore there's my question, can channel conflicts still exist between AP-root and Repeater-nonroot?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Yes. Both radios will still be in 2.4 GHz space . Do the 1231s have "a" radios? if not, the bridge will be across the same channel

I take it that you are running them in autonomous mode & not using a WLC to control them via LWAPP. You will have to do some tweaking with the channels & power then.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Yes. Both radios will still be in 2.4 GHz space . Do the 1231s have "a" radios? if not, the bridge will be across the same channel

I take it that you are running them in autonomous mode & not using a WLC to control them via LWAPP. You will have to do some tweaking with the channels & power then.

Yes you are correct about being Autonomous mode, I guess I will begin the power tweaking. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card