Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Console access to Aironet 340

Hi,

For some reason I can not access the 340 bridge through the console cable.

I'm using a straight through cable and my hyperterminal settings are 9600,8,none,1,xon/xoff and I can not get the menu. If I connect to another 340, this still does not work. I could not access the bridge through the LAN interface since this does not link up either and I'm getting a solid amber light on the LAN interface and a solid red on the Status led; the radio led blinks amber all the time. At this point I'm suspecting the power adapter but I could not replace it since I only have one.

Has anybody out there experienced a similar situation?

Thanks,

Uriel.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Console access to Aironet 340

To gain access through the console or serial port, the bridge must be connected to a terminal or a PC running a terminal emulation program. Use a 9-pin male to 9-pin female straight through cable to connect the console port to the serial port on a terminal or a PC running a terminal emulation program. Set the session to:

9600 bits per second (bps)

No parity

8 data bits

1 stop bit

Xon/Xoff flowcontrol

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/102/wlan/errors.html

Re: Console access to Aironet 340

Thanks for the reply;I think the problem I'm having is with the power adapter; I got another 340 bridge and used the same console cable with no issues.

Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies