Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Wireless Client Associations and De-authentications

I have a remote site whose wlan consist of a 2112-WLC and twelve 1142N's.  The issue I am seeing is that several clients will associate continuously   throughout the day.  This does not occur for any specific client or ap.  These multiple associations appear to take place every 5-10 minutes most of the time.  I have 4 other sites using the same wireless network equipment and I do not see this problem.  I have verified the ap signal strengths and verified that the noise and interference levels are ok.  Any assistance provided will be very appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Continuous Wireless Client Associations and De-authenticatio

Is enable session time out enabled

WLANS-->ADVANCED-->Look at enable session time out ... what does it say ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
4 REPLIES
Gold

Are the clients roaming between AP's or reassociating to the same AP?

They appear to be associating to the same one multiple times until they move to another location.

Is enable session time out enabled

WLANS-->ADVANCED-->Look at enable session time out ... what does it say ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Yes, the enable session timeout is enabled and is

configured for 24 hours.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content