Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Controller 2504 & 2600 AP deployment

Hi Guys,

I am deploying wireless devices where I have created 1,2,3,4,5 WLAN & 3 AP group. However, all the AP groups AP are working fine except 1 ap group where I have 2 AP in that group.

It's strange that in the same group 1 ap is working fine & second ap is broadcasting SSID & client is connected too, but client is not getting IP there.

Both the AP are connected to same switch and is trunked on both confirmed.

Steps I did.

I reset the LAP and reconfigured.

I checked all the options and verified the configuration of the AP working fine it is found identical.

both AP are in flexconnect mode.

I changed the location of both the AP means interchanged the AP with each other to verify the AP is ok !!! it worked there and the other one which was working fine it gives problem means there must be some problem in configuration I understand. but looking identical !!!!!

Still it was not working for me.

Next steps I have done is ( testing is pending will do it tomorrow )

I have enabled  ( broadcast forwarding )

I enabled ( cisco clean air )

Wondering why it is like one AP is working fine with the identical configuration and not the other one. will Appreciate all your suggestions and guidance.

Thanks //

Basant Lenka

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES

If the AP configs are

If the AP configs are identical, and it works when you put in a known good port....

I'd say check the switch port configuration. From what you are saying, it sounds like a VLAN(s) are not being trunked possibly.

HTH,
Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
VIP Purple

Hi Basant,as steve mentioned,

Hi Basant,

as steve mentioned, please check switch port config as well as the VLAN database(most of the time we forget to add vlan in vlan database).

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies