Views
Helpful
Replies

Converted to LWAPP - AP POE Problem

philclowes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're converting access points from autonomous to lightweight AP's so they can communicate with our wireless controller.

Some of the AP's are using power of ethernet (inline). A few seamingly random AP's have had issues once converted.

They will power up, but radios stay down.

I found the solution - you login to the controller interface that it has associated with and for the AP, define that it is using inline POE.

99% of our admin is done in WCS - but I can't find an option in this to define POE settings.

Can I make POE settings change from WCS?

Is there anyway to do it without logging dirrectly in to the controllers.

The AP's could associate with any number of controllers we have - which isn't ideal. Also the team who are converting and deploying them only have access to WCS not the controller web interfaces.

2 Replies 2

justin_miller
Level 1
Level 1

Phil,

There is no option to config POE/injector in WCS.

I do feel your pain as we have 4700 AP's across 40 controllers and it can be an issue if they were to change controllers.

"The AP's could associate with any number of controllers we have - which isn't ideal." Do you not have templates applied? I see your point that they can and would join any controller initially but after they get their primary controller they should reside there for the most part.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: